posted on 5/11/2022
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Our 2022 Digital Marketing Intern will work closely with HUC's marketing manager and director of sales to enhance and refine our digital marketing efforts through email, content-based storytelling, social media, SEO, and organic and paid advertising. Specifically, this work includes analyzing relevant market data to improve the foundational narrative fueling the co-op’s marketing and consumer education efforts, strategizing weekly with key team members to develop cohesive strategy and tactics, and then supporting implementation through data analysis, writing, and media development (e.g. slideshows, videos, etc.). Additionally, the interns will present their recommendations and new ideas to the team with opportunities to lead creative projects and test new initiatives.
PROJECT / DELIVERABLES
This is a great opportunity to learn valuable skills in digital marketing while actively supporting increased food security, climate resilience, and agricultural vitality in Hawaiʻi!
- Learn and exercise a variety of digital marketing skills including email, social media, SEO, advertising, and content based storytelling
- Contribute to the sustainability and food security of Hawaiʻi
- Help to revitalize indigenous staple crops and cropping systems
- Support a network of over 120 small-scale, diversified family farms
Are you the person we need?
- Strong writing skills
- Basic math and analytic skills
- Attention to detail
- A passion for strategic communication
- Excited about the co-op model and sustainable agriculture
- Self motivated
- Able to work effectively and efficiently while remote
- Currently in or recently completed a business, communications, marketing or relevant undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Eager to learn about all aspects of digital marketing, including email, social media, ads, SEO, and content-based storytelling
- Creative and interested in developing new initiatives to meet company objectives
- Previous experience with digital marketing, including website development and social media advertising
- Background in agriculture and food systems
To apply for this internship email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The last day to apply is Friday 5/20/2022.
Hawaiʻi ʻUlu Cooperative (HUC) is a farmer owned and operated business working to revitalize breadfruit (ʻulu) as a viable crop and dietary staple in Hawaiʻi. Formed in 2016, the co-op has grown from 9 to over 100 farmer-members located all over Hawaiʻi island, Oʻahu and in East Maui, and is now the foremost agricultural producer cooperative in the state. HUC supplies nutritious, indigenous local starches to home consumers, businesses and institutions statewide, and has a growing out-of-state e-commerce sales stream. Our core values recognize the critical role that small-scale, diversified farms play in our food system and the importance of restoring indigenous crops and cropping systems for the benefit, health and wellbeing of all Hawaiʻi residents and our island home.
This internship opportunity is made possible by the The Empowering Diverse Climate Talent (EDICT) Internship Program through Elemental Excelerator. https://elementalexcelerator.com/edict-internship-program/
Hawaiʻi ʻUlu Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups.posted 5/11/2022