The membership, marketing and community coordinator position is responsible for maintaining excellent communications with co-op members, the community, and customers. He/she will be expected to keep the member roster updated, including production figures, conduct on-farm visits as needed, support the GM with development of e-Newsletters and social media posts, provide customer services including follow up with new customer applications, market research and customer development including visiting with prospective customers, planning and coordination of educational workshops and representing the co-op at community and sales events.
- Membership outreach and communications.
- Updating membership information.
- Workshop planning and coordination.
- Support with e-Newsletters and social media posts.
- Market research and customer development.
- Customer services, including follow-up with new customer applications.
- Marketing and sales visits.
- Representing the co-op at community events.
- Outgoing and positive.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Performance management.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Diplomatic and able to work through conflicts.
- Communication proficiency, including through text, email and other online methods.
- Time management.
- Technical capacity.
- Learning orientation.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities as this time.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member will be asked to work from the Honalō marshaling yard offices at least one day per week, and may choose to work onsite or remotely the rest of the time. He/she will also be asked to visit member farms and attend public community events, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to talk and hear. While most of work tasks are computer-based, the staff member will also be required to sit, stand, walk and talk for extended periods of time. The staff member must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Work demands of this position are year round, and are expected to average approximately 20 hours of work per week. At least one work day per week must be at the Honalō marshaling yard facility and the remainder may be either onsite or remote.
In addition to travel to and from the Honalō facility, this position will occasionally be asked to visit member farms and attend community events in a personal vehicle. Travel costs will be reimbursed at the appropriate GSA rate.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in community-based, business, marketing and/or sales work.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree.
- Previous success in community development and/or customer relations.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, excel and Google Drive (docs, sheets, slides).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted: December 15, 2018