Kumu ʻUlu - Donate-a-Box
You can now donate a Kumu ʻUlu Box to a child in need located anywhere in Hawaiʻi State through our partnership with the Hawaiʻi Food Basket, Hawaiʻi Island’s Food Bank. Your generous contribution will ensure that Hawaiʻi keiki maintain access to meaningful farm to school education while learning from home. Donations are tax deductible and you will receive an emailed receipt after completing your donation online.
To apply for a free Kumu ʻUlu box, please fill out this brief form: https://tinyurl.com/kumuulubox
The Kumu ʻUlu Box is a unique educational meal-kit that addresses the challenge of restricted in-person learning by bringing farm to school education home. This offering is sure to delight the whole ʻohana, including kids of all ages, and is specifically designed for younger audiences in Grades K-5. Each box contains all of the following:
Box contents and description:
- 12-oz. recipe-ready mature ʻulu (peeled and par-cooked)
- 16-oz. recipe-ready ripe ʻulu (skin on and fully cooked)
- Two 3-oz. non-dairy ‘ulu chocolate mousse
- Kid-tested and -approved ‘ulu fries recipe, created by chef and educator Mark “Gooch” Noguchi. Learn how you can bake breadfruit fries.
- Science activity guiding keiki to explore the nuances of ʻulu’s various stages of maturity with their senses
- ʻUlu plant memory card game
- Conversation starter card, designed to spark engaging discussions about ʻulu around the dinner table
- Adapted version of the Gift of Kū moʻolelo & coloring book by Caren Loebel-Fried, sharing one of Hawaiʻi’s most well-known and beloved stories about the origin of breadfruit.
- RevʻULUtionary Chef youth apron
- RevʻULUtion sticker
- Postcard featuring winning artwork from the RevʻULUtion Student Art Contest
For questions, comments, or if you would like to make a larger donation to support this program, please email us.