Kumu ʻUlu Box
Bringing farm to school education home, this breadfruit recipe and learning kit will delight the entire ʻohana! Activities included in the box are designed for keiki ages 4+ and focus on those in Grades K-5, fostering meaningful connections to ‘ulu through cooking, science, Hawaiian culture, and art. This product is perfect for at home or distance learning – whether you are a parent looking to enrich your child’s homeschooling experience or a teacher seeking creative ways to engage your students from home.
This October, celebrate National Farm to School Month with our new Kumu ʻUlu Box and receive 10% off through the end of the month!
Box contents and description:
- 12 oz. recipe-ready mature ʻulu (peeled and par-cooked)
- 16 oz. recipe-ready ripe ʻulu (skin on and fully cooked)
- Two 3 oz. non-dairy ‘ulu chocolate mousse
- Kid-tested and -approved ‘ulu fries recipe, created by chef and educator Mark “Gooch” Noguchi. Learn how you can bake breadfruit fries.
- Science activity guiding keiki to explore the nuances of ʻulu’s various stages of maturity with their senses
- ʻUlu plant memory card game
- Conversation starter card, designed to spark engaging discussions about ʻulu around the dinner table
- Adapted version of the Gift of Kū moʻolelo & coloring book by Caren Loebel-Fried, sharing one of Hawaiʻi’s most well-known and beloved stories about the origin of breadfruit.
- RevʻULUtionary Chef youth apron
- RevʻULUtion sticker
- Postcard featuring winning artwork from the RevʻULUtion Student Art Contest