‘Ulu Shortbread Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup baker’s ripe ‘ulu, pureed
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, and salt.).
- Mix or blend in the wet ingredients (butter, vanilla, and mashed potatoes) until a dough forms. This can be done with a mixer or by hand.
- Roll the dough into a tube 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight, until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Once the dough is chilled, take it out and slice it into discs about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick. Set them on an ungreased pan and bake for 10 minutes until the edges are a light brown color.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and onto a drying rack immediately.