ʻAi Māmā Box
Hawai’i-grown and -made snacks for kids and adults delivered directly to your home! The ‘Ai Māmā food box is packed with rev’ULUtionary, healthy, sustainable snacks – including breadfruit hummus, ‘ulu chocolate mousse (a unique Hawai’i-inspired dessert), fresh pressed limeade cane juice, and recipe-ready (steamed and frozen) Hawai’i-favorite indigenous staples: ‘ulu (breadfruit) and kalo (taro). Each box...
Hawai’i-grown and -made snacks for kids and adults delivered directly to your home! The ‘Ai Māmā food box is packed with rev’ULUtionary, healthy, sustainable snacks – including breadfruit hummus, ‘ulu chocolate mousse (a unique Hawai’i-inspired dessert), fresh pressed limeade cane juice, and recipe-ready (steamed and frozen) Hawai’i-favorite indigenous staples: ‘ulu (breadfruit) and kalo (taro). Each box also contains two exclusive ʻulu & kalo recipes created by our 'Ulu Ambassadors!
This box is perfect for getting to know ‘ulu and experiencing how truly versatile this Polynesian superfood is in both savory and sweet forms, while also enjoying other local Hawaiʻi snacks! Foodies and home chefs alike may find that a monthly subscription is necessary to keep these essential Hawai’i goodies stocked at home and to share with friends and family.
Box contents and description:
- Two 3-oz. ‘Ulu Chocolate Mousse. Our chocolate mousse recipe is non-dairy and made with just five wholesome ingredients: soft and sweet ripe breadfruit, coconut milk, organic fair trade chocolate, raw pure Hawaiian honey, and sea salt.
- One 16 fl. oz. bottle of Cane Rush Hawaiian Limeade, made with locally grown sugar cane.
- One 8oz ‘Inamona Mac-Nut ʻUlu Hummus. We make our own mac-nut butter from local macadamia nuts and add a traditional Hawaiian garnish, ‘inamona or roasted kukui nuts, which lends a rich and nutty flavor to our bean-free hummus. The ultimate, healthy creamy chip or veggie dip or sandwich spread!
- One 12-oz. pack of recipe-ready, savory and firm kalo (taro), peeled and fully cooked).
- One 12-oz. pack of recipe-ready ʻuala (Okinawan sweet potato), peeled and par-cooked.*
- Two exclusive ʻulu & kalo hash recipes, created by Chef Mark "Gooch" Noguchi and co-op member, farmer-chef Cherub Silverstein.
*NOTE: due to breadfruit currently being out of stock, we are substituting one 12 oz. bag of ʻulu with a 12 oz. bag of ʻuala to keep this box available. For ʻuala and kalo recipes and preparation ideas please visit our recipes page here: https://eatbreadfruit.com/pages/recipes
Every item in this box was scrumptious. Thank you for an excellent holiday gift idea to send to family and friends far from home.
I truly enjoyed the hummus, the chocolate mousse and the Ulu pieces. They are all terrific! They came so well packed and everything is very fresh. I definitely will oder more hummus and mousse. Those are wonderful items. I still have some of the Ulu pieces ordered in bulk as I am spacing my eating of them. Ai Mama box is a great way to sample the different products offered by the coop. I very enthusiastically recommend them.
I tried the hummus and the chocolate mousse. They were amazing! I never would have guessed that the chocolate mousse was based on breadfruit. It was thick and rich and delicious. The hummus was very tasty.
I love all of the products in this box. Great local products at a great deal.
They did tell me that they loved it!