Gluten-Free Maiʻa Bread
Bake moist banana bread with our ʻUlu Flour All Purpose Baking Mix using this recipe developed by students at Kamehameha Schools Hawaiʻi Campus!
3 small maiʻa - ripe
- ⅓ cup melted, unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups All Purpose ʻUlu Flour Baking Mix
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ and coat a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mash maiʻa until smooth and add baking soda.
- Stir in butter, mix and then add sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour and stir until combined, some small lumps of flour are ok.
- Pour into a baking pan and bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.