Join-us for an informative “lunch & learn” hosted by the 94th Annual Hawaii State Parents Teachers Association Convention
Featuring the Hawai’i ‘Ulu Cooperative and the High School Culinary Arts Programs of Waipahu and Kealakehe.
Saturday April 30th 11:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. (75 minutes long)
For this experience, participants will:
- Hear from Dana Shapiro of the Hawai’i ‘Ulu Cooperative to get the latest information about the Farm-2-School movement statewide.
- Learn about two exemplary High School Culinary Arts programs within the DOE .
- Get up-to-date on resources now available to parents, educators, and cafeteria staff .
- Enjoy a fun cooking demo to follow-along as you prepare your lunch for the day, illuminating how to work with indigenous, locally-grown staples championed by the Hawaiʻi ʻUlu Cooperative.
- Prepare your choice of one (or both) lunch-time meal options featuring recipes developed and presented by students for this event!
To get the most out of this event, you will want to cook along!
- Please review the two recipe options (note: Some ingredients will need to be pre-cooked, such as the Hawaiʻi-grown starches and rice noodles).
- Gather the ingredients in advance so that you can follow-along.
- Source your Hawaiʻi-grown starches on our online store or at a frozen food aisle near you. Click here for our product locator.
- Use the special event discount code: PTSA to receive 5% off!
- Place your order by April 24th to get your ingredients in time.
In other Farm to School news...
Our new Hoʻopili ʻAi Campaign – Uniting Keiki & Hawaiʻi Food Crops is a partnership with the Hawaiʻi Farm to School Hui that provides students, teachers, school staff and parents with the resources needed to build lifelong relationships between youth and Hawaiʻi-grown staple foods!